Moreton Bay Region Business Excellence and Innovation Awards calling for entries
Put your local business, innovation or start-up in the limelight and nominate for the 2017 Moreton Bay Region Business Excellence and Innovation Awards.
Business recognition and cash prizes are up for grabs as part of this year’s exciting awards program, delivered by Moreton Bay Region Industry & Tourism (MBRIT) in partnership with Moreton Bay Regional Council.
Eligible businesses operating in the Moreton Bay Region can nominate their organisation, employee or student across 12 award categories, with the overall ‘Business of the Year’ winner to be selected by the judges from the total pool of entries.
• Bendigo Bank Successful Start-Up Award
• Peninsula Private Hospital Customer Service Excellence Award
• Regional Development Australia (RDA) Moreton Bay Exporting Excellence Award
• Cleanaway Environment & Sustainability Excellence Award
• Telstra Innovation Excellence Award
• Sesame Lane Child Care Centres Youth Innovation Excellence Award
• Quest Community News Business Marketing Excellence Award
• USC Young Entrepreneur Excellence Award
• Black & White Cabs Building a Stronger Community Excellence Award
• Moreton Bay Region Industry & Tourism (MBRIT) Visitor Experience Excellence Award
• Moreton Bay Region Industry & Tourism (MBRIT) Employee of the Year Award
• SRJ Walker Wayland Community Group of the Year (Major Award Category)
• Moreton Bay Regional Council Business of the Year (Major Award Category)
Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor Allan Sutherland said Moreton Bay was a burgeoning hub of business and entrepreneurship, having been recognised as one of Queensland’s strongest economies and having the sixth largest number of registered businesses out of any local government in Australia.
“With more than 25,000 businesses calling Moreton Bay home, these awards are about highlighting the significant contribution local companies, owners and employees make to our region’s thriving $13.9 billion economy,” Mayor Sutherland said.
“If you want to showcase your local business’ success, or know of an exceptional business in your community which is achieving great things and contributing to our region, I encourage you to get your nominations in.”
Category winners will receive a $500 cash prize, plaque and promotion through MBRIT platforms and networks, while major category winners will take home $1,000 cash in addition to a plaque and promotion.
Interested businesses can log on to businessawardsmoretonbayregion.com.au to find out more information and start the entry process.
Submissions close 18 August and category finalists will be announced in October ahead of the awards ceremony on 17 November, 2017.